Creating an Assignment Inbox in NoodleTools
- On the Projects screen, click Inboxes in the left sidebar.
- On the Inboxes screen, click the New inbox button at the top of the page.
- In the panel that opens, enter the inbox name (required), then fill in any of the other optional settings.
- Inbox name: Enter a name for the inbox. The name must be unique to the school(s) under your NoodleTools subscription. NoodleTools suggests including: (1) your last name, (2) the class and/or project name, (3) and the year/semester. It is ok for the title to be long -- it will auto-complete as students start typing it in.
- Additional recipients: If there are other instructors or library staff who need to review and/or comment on the projects shared with this inbox, enter their personal IDs. They will see the shared projects on their Inboxes screen, just as you do.
- Links to display to students: If there are any assignment-related links that you want students who share a project with this inbox to see, enter a description and URL for each one. Some suggestions: assignment calendar, project assignment sheet, web page with suggested resources, a blog or wiki for the assignment.
- Modify notecard instructions: By default, we display some clear instructions on what students should enter into the three notecard fields (direct quotation, summary/paraphrase, and my ideas). Depending on the project, you might wish to replace that text with your own customized instructions.
- Click Submit.
- Share the inbox's name with your students. For example your assignment sheet might say: "Share your work with me using the inbox name "Anderson ENG101 2021 P2 Final Project."
- See the Sharing Reference Lists with Your Instructor directions for your students below.
Note: You cannot share a project with you own inbox. So if you are attempting to test how this works, you'd need to do so from a different user's account or have another instructor, a library staff member, or a student test it out.